Society and its journal VEGETOS have attained a respectable position and the executive body of SPR has developed tie with the global publisher Springer Nature with effect from January 1, 2019. Through its dedicated Editorial Manager portal, initial screening like duplication, iThenticate for plagiarism check etc. is done by Springer Nature team before assigning it to the Editor in Chief for further processing. These attempts have been executed without modulating the basic composition of the Society and the Editorial Board. Decision of the Editor in Chief, VEGETOS shall be final in all cases.
Strengthening of SPR is a continued concern of all Executive Members and the Editorial Board for which following strategy has been adopted.
1. Membership from distant corners of the country and more precisely from abroad will be a major concern. For this reason, the EC of SPR would request all its awardees, fellows and honourable members of editorial board, councillors, reviewers and young researchers to join this scientific platform.
2. Activities of SPR and VEGETOS are being operated from the administrative and Editorial Office at G-801, V V I P Homes, Sector 16-C, Gaur City-2, Greater Noida (West) 201318 U.P., India and a website is operational at which all information pertaining to the SPR and VEGETOS will remain available.
3. PRINT VERSION of VEGETOS has been discontinued for all including libraries etc. All the members are being motivated to opt online version of the journal VEGETOS which is readily available under open access at our website. Life members and Annual members shall be provided individual user name and password to view all back issues of VEGETOS after getting themself registered on the website.
4. Almost every alternate year, Society for Plant Research receive proposal to open Conference Chapter which is considered in the Executive Body meeting and finalized. This is due to the enhanced popularity of SPR and for these Chapters, responsibility of Organizing Secretary is given to the Local influential Scientist.
5. Mass Awakening Program by organizing one day satellite Seminars, Workshops on local issues, Guest lectures are the mandate of this society which are performed regularly.
6. Executive Body, SPR has already entrusted two EC members to start a Popular Science Magazine PHYTOPIA (Quarterly) for youths in ENGLISH so as to create interest in basic and frontier areas of science.
You are requested you to become an integral part of this society not only by contributing your researches for publication in VEGETOS but with a creative input and suggestion for elevating this platform. Please feel free in writing to me at email ID email@example.com or at firstname.lastname@example.org or post it at our webpage SPR_VEGETOS. We are also available on @sprindiaofficial), (Linked, @vegetosindia), (@vegetosindia), ( for interaction.
You are welcome to join us as Life Member/Annual member in order to avail the opportunity of being inducted as Executive Member, SPR or the Editorial Board Member, VEGETOS in regular course of time.
It is my fond privilege to greet the founders, esteemed office bearers and members of the past and present Executive Body, councillors, members of editorial team, reviewers, promoters and the technical team at administrative and editorial office whose unending support, zeal and devotion helped this society to travel across 30 glorious years. I am indebted to the Patrons and Past Presidents for their sustained support and guidance to make it so viable.
Prof (Dr) S K Bhatnagar
Founder & Secretary General, Society for Plant Research
Editor in Chief: VEGETOS